As a lead solution architect, you will :
- collaborate with the requirement owners and the domain architects from inception to realization
- lead the IT engineers / application experts across the organization in order to design a fit-for-purpose and quality end-to-end solution
- act as the linking pin between Enterprise Architecture and the engineers in IT delivery, to ensure the alignment of the end-to-end solution to the enterprise standards and domain target architectures
- actively participate to the development of the Solution Architecture and Software Engineering practices of our customer, co-developing reusable and consumable solution patterns and building blocks to the community
- apply your hands-on technology & delivery experience for the definition of domain target architectures & roadmaps
- lead the design of new technology solutions that are part of the scope and mission of the Software Engineering Department (on mainframe & open platforms: software development tools and processes, application integration middleware and frameworks, application integration guidelines and practices, application infrastructure design and provisioning, communication middleware and frameworks)
- actively participate to communities of practice with other solution and domain architects to collaborate and share on best practices and lessons learned
- contribute to the improvement of the Solution Architecture practice
To apply for this role, you
- have already worked 10+ years in the IT industry. Experience in Financial Services industry and a good understanding of the related regulatory environments are bonus points.
- have worked as end-to-end solution architect on large-scale transformation projects designing, developing and deploying mission-critical transactional systems in large and complex organizations.
- are able to cope with systems and problems of various complexity levels, which can typically span across functions, locations and organizations
- autonomously tackle all types of architectural analyses and can provide global and pragmatic recommendations tailored to the customer with little guidance.
- have an ability to work at a high level, creating strategic position papers and reference architecture designs, and are capable of zooming in on the technical implementation challenges. You provide advice and expertise to Enterprise and Domain Architects during architecture studies and domain architecture operations.
- are a problem-solver with strong analytical skills (e.g. dividing and structuring complex problems across multiple architectural domains, into manageable pieces)
- strive for a pragmatic approach (80/20 rule) and deliver fit-for-purpose and actionable results.
- are proactive in identifying the need for change and proposing innovative solutions that make the difference to improve our customer’s IT software delivery or engineering processes
- communicate effectively and advocate for the architecture recommendations vis-à-vis project/agile delivery teams and senior business and IT management of the company. You can ‘sell the architecture’.
- are capable of applying your experience and knowledge to build strong relationships with other architects and the other parts of the organisation.
- are able to coach and mentor new members of the team in applying architecture solutions and understanding the domains and their interactions and complexities.
- can coordinate the activities of other Solution Architects, lead & manage a small team of Solution Architects or give trainings to new Solution Architects.
- will have access to continuous improvement and learning sessions, an important part of the culture at the customer
- are fluent in English.
- you have got proven experience in mainframe and/or .Net development stacks, ideally mastering Azure Cloud, APIs, and integration and data technologies in general
- you are familiar with post-trade market infrastructures (e.g. CSD), with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, IAF, OAA) and have relevant experience with Agile operating models & frameworks