shift in control from employer to employee
We Got Started Because « Smart » Working is your Company’s Future.
We are moving towards a future model of work which has truly adapted to the social, technological, and economic influences. In order for this transformation to work well, nothing less than a revolution in management practices must happen.
In this age of “smart” working, there is no assumption that work can only be done in the usual daytime shift at the usual workplace. Organisations are transforming from rigid employers to flexible networks in order to get the best results from people
Managers should consider to stop measuring hours worked and could start measuring achieved outcomes. So, the old version of flexible working is being replaced by agile working practices where the individual has genuine autonomy over their working pattern. It involves a shift from a command and control mentality to a leadership style that empowers people and trusts them to get on with the work.
« Smart » Working
The future of work where leaders are introducing results-only measurement systems and autonomous working schemes where employees have high degrees of freedom.
Align a Shared WHY
Alignment within the HR leading team on the common WHY for a transformation
- Definition of the NEED for changing of paradigm
- Proposal for the NEW paradigm itself
- Agreement on the enablers on which to leverage within the organisation
Involve Executive Committee
Extension towards the rest of the Executive Committee
- Create awarenesss
- Agree on the principles and starting points (e.g. prioritized organisation portfolio)
- Towards an active role for supporting the initiatives
Deploy with HR Team
Extension within the broad HR department
- DO vs BE : walk the talk referring to the new paradigm
- From faith driven change to value driven change
- Data driven & evidence based
- New ways of working, co-create the Employee Experience
Include Top & Middle Management
Extension to the top & middle management
- New leadership, give sense and foster autonomy
- Team dynamics, motivate vs create engagement
- Build trust and leverage on the culture of feedback & continuous improvement
Articulated Around 3 Dimensions
Co-create new solutions, establish partnerships
Experiment & innovate, build ecosystems
Grow learning organisation towards the new paradigm